You are hereHome ›
You're one step closer to studying abroad! Now that you've completed the EAP application stage, you are now officially in the pre-departure stage. Please read everything on this page. Completion of mandatory items is necessary to ensure your participation status on EAP.
Get Ready Gaucho Pre-departure Checklist
1. Immediately after you receive an email from UCSB EAP telling you that you've been selected for an EAP program
a) Review the following documents (mandatory):
Academic & Administrative Hints
UCSB EAP Student Handbook
b) Research & apply for scholarships (if you have not done so already)
2. UCEAP Participants Site You will receive information about your program's site shortly after you've been selected by
the UCSB EAP office. The UCEAP Participants site is administered directly by the UCEAP Office.
a) Be sure to complete everything that's listed on your UCEAP Participants site.
b) Some important info to review/complete includes: health clearance, insurance, and payment info.
3. Health Clearance (mandatory)
b) Please note: If you're planning to obtain your health clearance at the UCSB Student Health Services, the
deadline to get this completed there may be EARLIER than the health clearance.
c) Research health issues at Center for Disease Control website
4. Pre-departure Orientation (mandatory)
a) Step 1: online general orientation
b) Step 2: in-person country-specific orientation
5. Attend "Making the Most" Info Meetings (recommended)
6. Complete a Power of Attorney form (recommended)
7. Safety tips for the U.S. Department of State
a) Review the Department of State website specifically for students traveling abroad
b) Register for the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
8. Read our Health and Safety Tips for Studying Abroad.
9. Remember to do these before you go
a) Photocopy/scan important travel documents (passport copy) in case if you lose them.
b) Notify your bank and credit card company of your travel plans and make sure you will have access to your
account(s) from abroad.
c) Change local address to permanent address in GOLD and MyEAP.
d) Make sure you don't have a balance in your BARC account.