Once you have selected an EAP program
- Fill out the Pre-Application.
- Start your MyEAP Application (you will receive details after completing the Pre-Application).
- Meet with your academic advisor(s) to get the Academic Planning Form signed.
- Apply for a passport. You may do this at the UCSB Rec Cen Cashier's Office or at another location.
- Complete your application paperwork. Submit your MyEAP application online and turn in the hard copies of all required documents to the UCSB EAP Office in SH 2431 on the due date.
- You may be required to attend a group interview shortly after you turn in your applicaion.
- You will be notified of your selection status by the end of the quarter in which you submitted your application.
The MyEAP application & additional forms
You will receive the link for the MyEAP online application only after submitting your UCSB EAP Pre-Application. You may only apply for one program per term. If you would like to apply for back-to-back programs, consult your EAP advisor for your desired second program.
- Hard copies of your online application
- Academic Planning Form (APF)
- UCSB EAP Gaucho Application Questions
- Copy of Passport
- Passport-style photo (should be approximately 2"x2", NOT full page)
- Unofficial OR Official Transcript
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Language Evaluation
- Dept. Pre-Approval to Extend Form (DPA)
- Other forms required by the host university
Dept. Pre-Approval to Extend Form: If this item appears on your Application Checklist, you must submit this with your application EVEN if you do not want to extend. Please note: If you are not 100% sure that you would like to extend, it is still to your benefit to complete this. Simply check "yes" on the form and get it signed by your academic advisor. If you check "no", it may still be possible for you to extend your EAP participation, HOWEVER, the required approval process at that time will be very lengthy and painful.
Official Transcripts: Do not open the envelope in which your transcript comes in. When you bring in your application on the due date, the EAP staff will open it and make the required photocopies for you.
Turning in your application
You will need to submit your application in person; you cannot just drop it off in an envelope or have a friend deliver it. Please turn in your application ON THE DUE DATE. We sit down with each person and review their application with them. We do not have sufficient staff to accomodate early applications. Please use paper clips. DO NOT STAPLE ANYTHING!
The check-in process will take 15-60 minutes. We expect to receive up to 150 applications each day so allow yourself extra time, as you might have to wait up to an hour in line.
Advisors will consider the following items when reviewing your application:
- Academic performance, especially in courses applicable to program coursework (i. e.- language courses or special focus programs)
- Clear academic goals and awareness of how intended program will contribute to academic progress at UCSB
- Complete, organized application
- Demonstrated knowledge of program and host country. This is a common topic in interviews.
- Social and cross-cultural sensitivity; maturity; ability to adapt successfully to a different environment and a new education system; ability to assess and exhibit appropriate behavior in a variety of situations
- Program requirements regarding language level, class level, and GPA
EAP 2nd Level Links
Turning in your EAP Application:
2 minute overview of what a completed app should look like.