Frequently Asked Questions

Do I Still Pay Non-Resident Fees?

UCEAP program cost estimates do not include Non-Resident Fees. If you are subject to out-of-state tuition at UCSB, you will pay non-resident fees on UCEAP (except for summer programs).

Will my Regents Scholarship apply towards UCEAP?

Yes. This scholarship will be included in your financial aid award letter and will automatically be sent to UCEAP. However, if you choose not to file the FAFSA, please contact the UCSB Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to alert them so that they can send your Regents Scholarship to UCEAP for processing.

What if I receive an outside scholarship? How will that apply to my UCEAP finance account?

If you receive a scholarship which requires you to pick up a paper check from BARC, these checks will be mailed to your permanent address on file while you are abroad. If the check is payable to the University, it will be forwarded to your UCEAP finance account.

Are there extended payment plans?

Yes! Contact your UCEAP Finance Accountant. See here to find their contact information.

What if I need to withdraw from the program because I cannot afford the cost?

You should speak with your UCSB EAP advisor and the advisor at the UCSB Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to determine if you might be eligible for any additional funding. You must alert your UCSB EAP advisor in writing if you are thinking about withdrawing from your program. Withdrawing after the UCEAP Withdrawal Deadline for your program can be costly.

Should I complete the Power of Attorney form?

Yes. UCEAP students are strongly encouraged to arrange for a relative or other responsible party to have power of attorney for the time they are abroad. See the link on the left hand menu.

Can I use my Veteran benefits on UCEAP?

Yes. Direct any inquiries to Martin Carranza, VA Certifying Official in the UCSB Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships: VeteransBenefits@sa.ucsb.edu , 805-893-8905.

How Can I Manage my Finances When I am Abroad?

If you want to designate someone who can discuss your financial matters with UCEAP and make payments on your behalf (e.g. parents), complete the electronic Third Party Authorizations form found under your Pre-Departure Requirements in the UCEAP portal.

Do I pay for my UCEAP program in BARC?

You will make your program payments in your UCEAP portal.  Payments for UCSHIP, if applicable, will continue to be made in BARC.

Special note about UC Student Health Insurance Plan (UC SHIP/Anthem)

UCEAP program costs do not include your UC Student Health Insurance Plan (UC SHIP/Anthem) EAP fee, which is mandatory for all UCSB EAP students that participate in fall, spring, or year-long programs. Students who submit an approved UC SHIP waiver request do NOT need to pay this additional cost. Unlike your other UCEAP fees, you will need to pay this fee through BARC. Learn more here.