Power of Attorney

UCEAP students are strongly encouraged to arrange for a relative or other responsible party to have their power of attorney for the time they are abroad.  This arrangement cannot be established once the student is abroad, as it requires notarization.

The person assigned the power of attorney has the authority to conduct financial transactions such as:

  • Make deposits and withdrawals in your U.S. bank account
  • Write or sign your checks
  • Endorse and cash checks made out to you
  • Receive and review your EAP account statements

Instructions & List of Notaries
Power of Attorney Form