It is recommended that all of your domestic immunizations be up-to-date before traveling (you can check immunization recommendations at http://www.immunize.org/catg.d/p2011.pdf). A few countries have requirements for specific travel vaccines but most have recommendations only.
- If you are going to a country that does not require a Travel Clinic appointment, and you know which routine immunizations you need, you can come into the Immunization Clinic in Student Health Monday-Friday 9:30-11:30 and 1:30-3:30. No appointment is necessary, but please check in at the immunization computer located across from the info kiosk in the main lobby. Please be sure to bring your immunization records with you. Information on the immunizations available from SHS can be found on their Travel Health website. Please note travel immunizations such as yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis, typhoid will not be given in immunization clinic unless you have completed the required Travel Clinic visit.
- If you are going to a country that does not require a Travel Clinic appointment and you don't know which routine immunizations you need, you can schedule an Immunization Review (not a Travel Clinic appointment).
- If you are going to a country that requires travel immunizations or a Travel Clinic appointment, you must schedule an appointment for a travel consultation in Travel clinic.
- To make a travel consultation appointment:
- Go to the student health website at http://studenthealth.sa.ucsb.edu/.
- Click on Gateway to secure log in
- Log in: enter your net ID and Password
- On the left hand side of the menu, click on Message.
- Click on New Message.
- Click on Travel Appointment Request.
- For more information about specific vaccines as well as links to other informative health web sites, please visit our page on Traveler's Vaccination Information.