Graduating Seniors

Many UCSB students graduate from abroad each year. With a little planning, you can too!

Residence Requirement

See complete details for your College’s residence requirements, and the modification for EAP participants (at the bottom), here.

UCEAP Grades

Grades arrive SLOWLY – they take approximately 90 days to be posted to your UC transcript.  The general timeline for UCEAP grades can be found in the "Academics" section of your UCEAP program page or in your Program Guide in the UCEAP Portal.  It is not possible to obtain grades early!  If you know that you need grades for graduate school applications or employment, please contact your UCEAP Academic Specialist.  They can provide documentation regarding the delay of grades.

Petitioning to Graduate From Abroad

Most graduating UCEAP students will need to declare candidacy to graduate the quarter after they complete their UCEAP program in order to allow time for UCEAP grades to be reported to UCSB.  For example, a student completing the necessary graduation requirements in spring of 2022 would file for inclusion on the summer 2022 list of candidates.  All candidates for undergraduate degrees must declare their candidacy for graduation on GOLD no later than the second week in the quarter in which the degree is anticipated.

NOTE: If your grades are not reported to the UCSB Office of the Registrar in sufficient time for you to be included on the list of graduation candidates for your desired term, you must file a new petition for the following term.  Your name will NOT be transferred to the following term automatically.  Refer to the Office of the Registrar's website for more information.

If you do not Graduate Abroad as Expected...

You are required to return to UCSB and take a minimum of 12 units, unless you have already fulfilled your residence requirement.  If you have reached the maximum number of units allowed by your College, you may have to petition in order to be readmitted to UCSB.