To begin your study abroad adventure, follow these steps:
|1. Get Informed|
- 2023-24 Summer, Fall, & Northern Hemisphere Year Application Deadlines: Fall 2022 through Winter 2023
- 2024 Winter, Spring, & Southern Hemisphere Year Application Deadline: Fall 2022 through Spring 2023
|2. Get a Passport|
Apply for a passport. Some programs require a valid passport at the time of application.
Passport processing is taking longer than usual: up to 10 weeks for routine service and up to 6 weeks for expedited service.
Check your UCEAP program-specific application instructions to determine by when you must have a valid passport.
|3. Determine What Courses you Need to Take Abroad|
- What are your academic goals for your time abroad? What type of UCEAP program can help you accomplish these goals?
- Can your UCEAP courses count for major, minor, or GE requirements? Consult your academic advisors.
- Can you graduate in a timely manner if you study abroad?
- Get your Academic Planning Form signed by your advisor(s).
|4. Narrow Down Your Program Choice|
Research your program options.
|5. Find a Program That Fits Your Budget|
Understand your estimated program cost. Budget for your program.
- Use the EAP Calculator to obtain an estimate of your financial aid package for your term abroad
- Apply for scholarships
|6. Explore Your Housing Options at UCSB for the Terms Prior to UCEAP and When You Return|
Determine if you will need housing at UCSB when you return from abroad or prior to departure.
Should you sign a lease, find a subleaser or find a room when you return?
|7. Submit an Application|
Apply now! Submit only 1 application per UCEAP term.